If you think you have tried it all, you’re wrong! You need this deliciousness in your life, so start taking notes so you can make this recipe at home.
There are so many reasons why this spicy tuna dish is the best. First of all, it is super healthy! This dish is low in cholesterol, rich in healthy fat, high in protein (at least 35 grams when you combine the tuna and the edamame), it’s clean, filling, easy to digest and very light. Plus all the ingredients you use to cook it are fresh and nutritious.
Ok, let’s do it!
For four portions you’ll need:
1 pound of fresh Ahi Tuna
Fresh ground pepper
2 cups edamame
For the soy vinaigrette:
Light soy sauce (Use the one with Green Label)
One tsp honey
Good quality olive oil
Then whisk it all together
- Cut the tuna into equal portions, not too small.
- Add olive oil, Kosher salt and pepper and set aside.
- Prepare the edamame and set aside if it is already pre-shelled, if not, then remove the shell first.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and take out the seeds with a spoon. Then cut both halves lengthwise into three portions each for a total of 6 pieces. Then cut those pieces into small portions and set aside.
- In a bowl, add the edamame, the cucumber, and the soy vinaigrette and mix.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the core and squeeze out the goodness. Then finish by mashing them with a fork until they have a right consistency, and set aside.
- Sear the tuna until getting the wellness that you like. Some people like it raw, but those who prefer it well done should cook it longer. To each, there own so when making four portions ask how they would like their Tuna seared.
And now it’s time to get creative!
We suggest you to buy a food mold like the one in the pictures for a better result.Try Amazon they are only a few dollars and can be used for so many other dishes. But don’t worry if you don’t have one, just start to layer the ingredients. Pick a beautiful plate, put the mold on top of it and start adding the ingredients in layers. The mixture of edamame and cucumber that is in the soy vinaigrette first then spread the avocado on top, and finally the tuna.
Remove the mold and for the final touches you can sprinkle the sesame seeds on top and decorate with Sriracha, depends on how spicy you want it. Get creative and make some cool designs. Also, a nice bottle of Chardonnay will go well, and this is great to make when your friends come by.
This is how your spicy tuna dish will look like! Bon Appetit!