Best Poke recipes can be as simple as going to the local grocer and buying a plastic container and just having it like that. Just right out of the tub or put it on a plate.
Now everyone is looking for a kicked-up version that is tasty and healthy at the same time.
For any Vegans out there, we have a great substitute that will give you all the protein you need.
Best Poke Recipes for Summer
The first thing is to get the Poke.
Poke is Ahi Tuna that is cut into tiny cubes. The better quality the Ahi, the better the Poke. So if you can buy some already prepared great if not no worries, just buy the amount you need to cut into small square pieces.
We here at the TotesNewsworthy Kitchen use different methods. Some will be straight Poke other will be seared Tuna, yet both prepared the same way.
You need these items:
- One Avocado
- One Cucumber
- Ahi Tuna
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive or Sesame Oil
- A little Honey and some Sesame seeds for garnish
- Soy Sauce
- Step one prep the Poke or start searing the Tuna
- Step two peel the cucumber and take out the seeds using a fork
- Step three, take the Avocado out of the casing.
- Mash the Avocado into a soft mush. Then take the cucumber and cut from end to end then cut into small pieces.
- Finally, take a food mold you could easily buy at Amazon and place the Cucumber mixed with Balsamic and Oil and a touch of the honey. Add the Cukes, then mix then place them in the mold about 1/3 of the way.
- Then with a spoon, place the Avocado in about halfway. If you want, Poke adds to the top if seared is used tuna is used layout into strips.
- Then top off with Tuna, for Vegans use Edamame instead of the Tuna. You will get all the protean needed, and it will be tasty. Just don’t use the Honey.
- Push the lid down while raising the mold, and there you go.
A masterpiece. At TotesNewsworthy, we like to have famous Guitarists help us prep. They have excellent knife skills. Garnish with some Soy and Sesame seeds and enjoy.
Read more: Eating Poke Can Be Bad For You, Here is Why