Dr. Moisés Martín Anaya sums you the keys to your skin does not suffer the negative consequences of the summer.
Summer comes and if you want your skin does not regret the mistakes made during these warm months, you have to get down to work and not let your guard down. In fact, it is during the summer when the risks increase. The fact that the heat dehydrate the skin faster and sweating increased humidity, makes this time of year the perfect time to take care of our skin.
The sun, according to Dr. Moisés Martín Anaya “is the one who gives and takes away that,” it gives the skin a healthy color, but is also one of the greatest risks to our skin. Spots, dryness, and in the most extreme cases, melanoma.
Basic care that Dr. Martin Anaya recommends for the skin during the summer are the following:
1. Clean skin: Daily cleaning should be done with mild products that do not alter the acid mantle of the skin, non-irritating or very fragrant, but that help to remove accumulated grease and dirt. In addition materials should be used that do not scrape or rub our skin strongly. It is important not to share towels with others and dry the folds properly to avoid the appearance of superficial mycoses.
2. Hydrated: Moisturizing creams and oils allow restore and are particularly useful if the heat dries the skin. The important thing is that they contain moisturizing and emollient properties, allowing water to recover.
3. Be careful with your clothes: Skin care of the whole body means avoiding wear clothes or shoes with materials that encourage fungus growth by creating a moist environment; or likely to cause injury or skin allergies.
4. Prevent infection: If a minor accident occurs that results in a scrape, a wound or burn on the skin, to avoid infections is necessary to wash the area with water immediately. If pimples or blisters is important not to touch them or tighten them.
5. What about food? You should moderate meat consumption and prioritized consumption of fruits and vegetables, rich in antioxidant vitamins such as A, C and E. Vitamin E is one of the most important skin care food because it prevents cell degeneration, aid in the regenerative process in case of scars and acne and contributes to increased blood flow to the skin. It is present in oils, nuts, fish and shrimp and vegetables such as broccoli, spinach, asparagus, tomato or carrot. And of course, it is also advisable to drink plenty of water..
6. Importance of sleep: The cells are produced and regain their strength when you sleep, helping to keep skin in good condition.
7. Sunscreen: Sunscreen to protect our skin from ultraviolet rays each time is recommended. This should be chosen according to skin type. In general, we recommend using at least one 15 FPS. They must be applied 30 to 45 minutes before sun exposure starts because they are eliminated by sweat and water.
8. Exposure to sunlight: Should minimize sun exposure in the middle of the day.
9. And chlorine? After exposure to sun or chlorinated water of a pool it is necessary to take a shower to moisturize the skin. You can use a normal soap PH or slightly acid, which help to not catch any dermatologic infection.
10. Antioxidants. Because sun exposure and aggression caused by salt and chlorine, a daily recovery process that can achieve the dermis by products containing antioxidants is necessary.