10 Benefits of Eating Tomatoes for better health. The tomato is perhaps one of the most used vegetables in gastronomy. Besides that, it also has beauty properties. Help us to share this information to reach more people:
10 Benefits of Eating Tomatoes
1. It is a plant with good fiber content, mostly consists of water and few calories.
2. It has vitamins A, C, and E, which are considered antioxidants that favor immune activity.
3. The potassium content helps proper muscle contraction, to keep the body hydrated and to avoid the presence of pain or cramps, deficiency of this nutrient.
4. It contains lycopene, another antioxidant, which belongs to the family of beta-carotene, the same that gives the red color and also can be found in the papaya and carrot.With the presence of vitamin A and lycopene, lutein, etc. Tomatoes are also helpful for the synthesis of good cholesterol and reduce the production of bad cholesterol. Therefore, people with any cardiovascular diseases are advised to include tomatoes in their daily diet
Top Benefits of Eating Tomatoes
5. Raw tomato juice helps cleanse the skin and organs but has more sodium. Tomato juice is full of crucial nutrients, such as said previously, vitamin C, B vitamins, and a Great source of potassium. It’s also an excellent source of antioxidants, such as lycopene, which can reduce inflammation and your risk of heart disease and may help in some cancers. Be sure to buy 100% tomato juice or make your own because you know what is in it. You don’t want preservatives.
6. It is super rich in folic acid, which helps prevent congenital disabilities. Therefore it is recommended for pregnant women.
7. It helps to reduce discomfort during the menstrual period.
8. Lycopene may help prevent certain cancers such as stomach, uterus, and prostate.
9. Apply it directly in the skin to take advantage of its astringent action, it will reduce fat, and it’s often used for acne, although in some people, it can cause allergic reactions if you have sensitive skin.
10. Sometimes, if mixed with sugar, glycolic acids are generated, which exfoliates the skin.
Best Benefits of Eating Tomatoes
Note: Your intake should be reduced in heartburn problems such as gastritis or colitis.
️Tip from an expert: When using pureed or to prepare soups, try not to strain because the fiber is removed.
Read more: Are Nuts Healthy for Me to Eat?