Los Cabos is a large destination, split between the towns of Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo and the surrounding areas. The town of Cabo San Lucas has always been the more active and busier of the two capes. The town itself is not a very large area, from Medano beach to the marina and the few blocks surrounding it, downtown Cabo it is not a sprawling town. Resorts straddle the town on the beaches, marina and golf courses. There are several gorgeous properties to the north and along the corridor, with fabulous amenities. This category rates the top resorts with the best downtown locations. There are thousands of families, couples and travelers, who do not want to rent a car. Shuttling into town is not something they want to plan for. Whether you want to be close to fishing, close to the swimmable beaches, or close to nightlife and action, Cabo has several amazing resorts located right in the heart of the action!
5. Casa Dorada Beach Resort and Spa – Located on the heart of the famous Medano beach, this resort is on the sand and about a 10-minute walk to the marina. Visitors can enjoy jet skiing, parasailing, and swimming and then be at the Marina’s Golden Zone for lunch or dinner in a snap. The resort offers beautifully appointed suites and stunning amenities to enjoy.
4. Cabo Villas Beach Resort and Spa – Cabo Villas is currently adding more villas and suites to their popular hilltop location on Medano beach. The beach resort is popular for families and couples alike and provides a great mix of luxury and accessibility with its wonderful location and lively atmosphere.
3. Breathless by AM Resorts – An adult’s only resort situated in a prime location both on the marina and on the beach, it has a truly special spot. The rooftop pool and beach club offer spectacular vantage points, and the minimalistic design is a perfect place for couples to get away and relax. World-class restaurants are both nearby and on-site.
2. Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa – A prime location directly on the marina, and easily walkable to everything in Cabo. What makes this spot so unique is the location on the marinas Golden Zone. There are over a dozen restaurants located on the marina front beneath the resort grounds and dozens more nearby. World-class shopping, and quick access to any fishing company making early morning trips on the waterless painful. The resort features studio to 2 bedroom presidential or penthouse suites with city and marina views.
1. Solmar Resorts – Our number one is Solmar’s downtown locations both Playa Grand and Grand Solmar @ Land’s End. Why? They have it all! They are on the marina, close to restaurants, on the beach and at Land’s End. Top that off with the fact their restaurants are highly rated on Trip Advisor and their resorts receive countless awards for quality and amenities, the Solmar resorts hit all the boxes on our checklist. Both resorts offer world-class lodging options and are great for all types of travelers.
So what are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Los Cabos today and start enjoying the very best of Cabo!