If you are trying to shed weight, adopting a ketogenic diet would be a significant first step towards your weight-loss journey.
This involves a combination of low carbohydrate and high-fat ingredients which results in the burning of body fat as opposed to glucose. Knowing the right ingredients and recipe is imperative if you want to prepare a homemade keto meal. Consider the following best keto pancakes recipes that you can easily prepare at home to start your day with a healthy breakfast.
1. Low-carb Coconut Pancakes
To make yourself a delicious keto coconut pancake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
• Six eggs
• A cup of coconut flour
• A cup of coconut milk
• Two tablespoons of melted coconut oil
• One tablespoon of baking powder
• A pinch of salt
• Coconut oil or butter for frying
Once you have all the ingredients in place, follow the instructions below:
• Break your eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites. Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites in a bowl then whip vigorously with the help of a hand mixer. Keep on whipping your egg whites until you observe stiff peaks forming. Put the bowl aside.
• Place the egg yolks in a second bowl and add coconut milk and oil, then whisk the mixture.
• Add the coconut flour, as well as baking powder and mix them into a smooth batter.
• Gently fold your egg whites into the smooth batter and allow this to rest for around five minutes.
• Fry this in coconut oil or butter for a few minutes on both sides under low to medium heat.
• Serve your pancakes with fresh berries or melted butter.
Do not skimp the fat when frying the pancakes on a pan. The coconut oil and butter you are frying with is what improves the taste of the eventual pancakes.