Celery tea is made by grinding celery seeds they can be purchased online or at most supermarkets.
Celery seeds are loaded with Calcium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, protein, fiber, potassium and folate. Drinking celery tea is therefore different from drinking an everyday drink. It is more than a refreshing drink but also a drink with therapeutic effects.
There are several health benefits of drinking celery tea.
Here is a list of some of the proven celery tea benefits.
1. It is nutritious. Drinking a cup of celery tea provides your body with the recommended daily value of potassium (6.5%) and calcium (3%). The tea also gives you sodium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium, and silicon. All of these minerals are required by the body for different functions. It supplements your body with minerals and nutrients that are not common in our daily meals hence it helps prevent the development of nutritional deficiency diseases.
2. DigestionRegular drinking of celery tea boosts the digestive system. It stimulates the production of saliva and gastric juice that are responsible for digestion. It also helps in the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases.
3. Treatment and prevention of chronic diseasesChronic diseases such as arthritis, cancer, and heart diseases are as a result of inflammation. This inflammation is caused by radical damages. Celery is loaded with antioxidants and polysaccharides that cures radical damages. Celery is used as a home remedy for a range of inflammatory conditions such as kidney and liver infections, urinary tract infections, joint pain, skin disorder, bout, and irritable bowel syndrome.
4. Treatment of high blood pressure that increases the risk of getting coronary heart diseases. Celery has a reluctant muscle effect that helps regulate blood pressure. It also has antihypertensive properties that lower the blood pressure.
5. Weight loss Celery tea will never miss in the weight reduction diet. Celery is loaded with components that boost lipid metabolism. Drinking celery tea daily helps reduce weight as the body can break down and use the lipids accumulated in the body.
6. Prevention of cancer Celery tea is loaded with polyacetylenes that help in the removal of toxins from our body. Removal of these toxins helps prevent cancer formation especially breast cancer, leukemia, and intestinal cancer. Polyacetylenes are also responsible for their anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-tumor and antiplatelet-aggregatory properties that help boost the immune system.
7. Prevention and treatment of ulcers. Regular consumption of celery help prevents and treat painful stomach ulcers. Celery has an ethanol extract that prevents the formation of ulcers in the lining of the digestion tract.
Despite the long list of benefits that accrue from the use of celery products, there is some condition under which you need to consult your physician before using any celery product. Among these conditions is pregnancy. Intake of a large amount of celery during pregnancy causes uterus contraction that may result in a miscarriage. Celery can also create an allergic reaction to people who’re sensitive to plants such as birch, mugwort, fennel, wild carrot, parsley, caraway, and plantain.
Celery use is not recommended for people with bleeding disorders as it increases the risk of bleeding. You should not use celery products two weeks before a scheduled surgery as it affects the central nervous system.