Here’s why you should start dancing today:
- It Keeps You Young. It retards the aging process immensley. It benefits our heart, cardiovascular system and increases our lung capacity.
- Strong Bones & Lubricated Joints. Dance aids in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis for men and women. Dancing can also help keep joints lubricated in order to prevent arthritis.
- Burns Calories. It helps us burn those calories away. It is estimated that dance burns anywhere from 5 to 10 calories per minute depending on speed and intensity.
- Blood. Dancing aids in lipid control, which raises our good cholesterol, and lowers our bad cholesterol. It is also great for diabetics because it aids in blood sugar control.
- Improves Your Memory. Dance improves our memory by making us recall steps, routines and dance patterns making it a great mental exercise for our brains.
- No Cultural Barriers. People from all parts of the world, with different ideologies, meet on the dance floor. Cultural interaction improves our health by expanding our mind and sharing our spirit!
- A Happier You. Dance elevates our mood by raising our endorphin levels. This is what allows us to heal stress and depression – two of our immune system’s biggest enemies!