Idea Design Studio Highlights What Kind of Person is Labeled a ‘Successful Inventor’?
There are plenty of books that describe the various personality traits and “habits” of “highly effective” people. What about inventors? So far, no one has written a seminal text about what character traits are most common for successful inventors. Idea Design Studio wants those new to the inventing process to know what it takes to be successful in the long run. And, even though there is no definitive book on the subject, there are several well-known traits that accomplished inventors share.
- Do not become attached to their inventions. Objectivity is the key. When someone comes up with five or six ideas, it is important to realize that not every concept will necessarily become a profitable invention. Being non-attached to an idea is one of the hallmarks of a successful inventor.
- Know the importance of confidentiality. In fact, the only time to speak about an idea or invention is when presenting it to a company that is going to buy it or help you develop it for market. The less talk, the better. Seasoned inventors rarely speak about their ideas that are still “in process” except with their professional team or with a potential buyer.
- Test their ideas before going forward. This is where Idea Design Studio’s help can be invaluable for an inventor. Idea Design Studio marketing pros can help research potential demand for a product. That way, an inventor can get a general idea about demand, profit and viability of an invention.
- Smart inventors realize that they cannot be experts in law, marketing, design, and finance. That’s why the most successful inventors outsource nearly every chore except the original idea itself.
- Work hard, don’t procrastinate, and get to know their industry. Financial success comes to those who don’t constantly put off the hard work of inventing and marketing. Wise innovators also tend to learn about their market niche by attending trade shows and seminars. Persistence pays off, as does knowledge about one’s area of endeavor.
- Know when and how to apply for patents. Idea Design Studio can help inventors with this difficult task. Inventors are busy enough, and need not spend days and weeks of their precious time studying patent law.
Idea Design Studio encourages inventors to stick with the process, enlist a professional team, and see their concept through to the end. Successful inventors are survivors. They are also people who realize that teamwork is the key to bringing a product to market and making a profit.