Cherries are a fruit that is characterized by its excellent nutritional contributions, plus numerous health benefits.
A cup of cherries has only 87 calories, 22 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of protein and 3 grams of fiber.
Look at their benefits:
- Cherries are known as “super fruit”, they are full of antioxidants called anthocyanins that help in reducing heart disease and cancer.
- Cherries contains melatonin, an antioxidant that helps regulate heart rate and body’s sleep cycles.
- Excellent source of beta-carotene (vitamin A). In fact, they contain 19 times more beta-carotene than blueberries and strawberries.
- Cherries are rich in vitamins C, E, potassium, magnesium, iron, folic acid and fiber.
- Known as “brain food,” helping in brain health and preventing memory loss.
- Because cherries contain anthocyanins, they may reduce inflammation and the symptoms of arthritis and gout.
- Eating cherries reduces the risk of diabetes.
- They are a good source of fiber which is very important for digestive health.
- Cherries are a good low calorie snack or dessert.
- Because of their powerful anti-inflammatory benefits, they can act to reduce pain; They are highly recommended for sore tendons and muscles suffering from overload runners and athletes after workouts